Pages

Have a question about one of my items at Lena Maxey or do you need more information about how to place a custom order?

Email me directly: brittenlinn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tell me the truth...






...I can handle it!

I have been "collecting" stamps for years but never really knew what to do with them. Then a few months ago, I saw the coolest stamps from Bombshell Stamps - http://www.bombshellstamps.com - and just had to order a couple of sets. When a couple of my scrapping friends (I'm talking about you Summer and MC!) moved out of state recently, I looked into Stampin' Up!. I found a fabulous demo right down the road and fell in love with the products at the first class. Thanks to Lisa's great classes and workshops, I now know how to actually use the stamps I've got in my stash...and of course have added a few more!

When I was at CHA a few weeks ago, I saw a great demo using Distress Inks, Rubber Stamps and Masks from Tim Holtz. I picked some up and just got around to trying them out for myself. This is something new for me because... I didn't use my cricut *gasp!*

Tory from The Spotted Box - http://www.thespottedbox.com - saw my store on etsy and asked me if I wanted to contribute samples of my work to one of their monthly boxes. I am going to be making at least 25 of these cards to be included as part of September's boxes. So above are some of my first attempts using my new Tim Holtz products, as well as a few stamps from Stampin' Up! Tell me what you really think....I can handle the truth!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lessons Learned






UPDATE 8/12: Above are the pictures of the finished invite. I blurred out the names of the bride and groom to protect their privacy.

The bride said she wanted hot pink and black, Old English fonts, chandeliers, bling and she wanted "Rock On!" and the David Bowie quote somehow incorporated into the invitation. I put the photo corners on the inside so she can insert her RSVP cards - which she had done at a printer - when she gets the invites. The black square behind the first pic is the envelope (which I bought!)

The chandeliers are from the Home Decor cart, the pocket on the inside was done in DS using George and Storybook and the initials and shadows were cut in SCAL from a font I downloaded.

I am so happy that they are finally complete and on their way to the bride. What started out as a simple wedding invite, turned into the biggest project that I have ever done. Here's some math to show you what I mean:

1,020 cuts with my cricut machine
3, 400 dots of Glitz Stickes in "Tiara"
1,020 hand-glued rhinestones
300 sheets of cardstock
40+ feet of Xyron adhesive
72 yards of ATG tape

...and that's just off the top of my head and does not count all the supplies I used during the 2 week design process.

This job was most definitely a learning experience. I certainly now know what not to do when working on a project this large and I will make much better business decisions if I ever have an opportunity like this again!