First - thanks to everyone for your kind comments and congratulations! I know a few people are interested in scraplifting this idea for their own use and I'm deeply flattered - - - just please be respectful and don't claim the design as your own, or attempt to sell them for a profit.... because I WILL hunt you down...! I would also love to see your versions so please send me a picture when they are done!
(Note: I have also taken off the distracting background on this blog. I know it looks cute, but I find it hard to read anything with all that going on. So for now my blog will look a bit plain until I figure out a better design.)
I thought I would post the instructions for the Monogram Cards here. (They were included in the CHIRP! - however there were some typos and they didn't show the picture that contained the box...but I'm not complaining or anything...LOL!) These can be made on the baby bug (The Original Cricut) and certainly adapted if you don't have Cricut Design Studio.
3 sheets of a nicely weighted 12X12 cardstock will yield 12 cards. You can get 4 cards per sheet since each card is 4X8 unfolded. I used the Divine Swirls embossing folder in my Cuttlebug for the front design. I used the new Fiskars scallop punch on the bottom of the front of the card. Then I used a border folder from True Love (again from Cuttlebug) - this is a bit tricky to get straight.
The scallop and circle on the front are from a .cut file I downloaded from OkieLadyBug's blog for Design Studio, but you can use any scallop and circle from any cartridge with those cuts...or you can use nestabilities or even just hand-held punches. I embossed the circle with Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots.
The cardstock strip behind the scallop is 4X1 1/4 (I think) inches and the smaller one on top is 1 inch. I used a corner punch from Creative Memories on the opposing sides. I chalked everything (because ink can't be erased if I screw up) and used a pop dot to adhere the scallop.
The initials are from the Storybook cartridge. I welded them together using Design Studio.
I used the Wild Card cartridge to make the envelopes. It's the envelope from the Doily card, cut on Blackout at 4 1/4 inches (I think). I could only get one envelope per 12X12 sheet of pattern paper. If you are careful with your cuts, you can also get an envelope liner out of that same 12X12 sheet - but that was done using the 12X12 mat on the Expression, so I'm not sure if that would also be true for the Baby. Using two-sided paper looks nice too. I choose to use my paper stash, so all of the envelopes do not match, but the colors coordinate so it looks like it was done that way on purpose.
I ran a sheet of cardstock through my Xyron 900 and then stuck that on my mat to cut the envelope seals from the George cart, 1 inch circles. Since the envelopes don't have glue, this gives them a way to seal the flap.
Someone on the Cricut Message Board directed me to splitcoaststampers for box ideas. Then I just put the envelopes in the middle of a 12X12 sheet of cardstock and used a ruler to figure out the dimensions - which I didn't write down. I used another 12X12 sheet of cardstock for the bottom of the box. I also did not have ribbon that matched so I cut two 1 inch strips of cardstock and glued them together. The flower on the box is the Poppy from Storybook cut at various sizes and adhered together using pop dots.
Yikes! I didn't realize how much work those took until I wrote it all down. Jeesh!!